Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stop Hitting The Snooze Button!




If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance. ~Andrea Boydston

Soooooo...my normal routine is that my alarm clock goes off in the morning and I hit the snooze button at least 4-6 more times before I finally decide to stumble out of bed.

Today I had an AHA moment! The act of hitting the snooze button is me telling the universe...you know what? I'm not ready to wake up and face the world yet...just please give me a little more time. I beg and grovel over and over until I finally cant run from the inescapable reality anymore and I surrender to time. Imagine if when I heard the alarm I jumped out of bed immediately and seized the day. What if I woke up with incredible enthusiasm, energy and a renewed sense of purpose and gratitude that because God woke me up to see another day, I should be appreciative and excited that continue my work that must be done here in the natural. I believe that in so many areas of my life...I am in essence hitting the snooze button. The universe has bought the moment in front of me..but instead, I say I am not ready and delay the inevitable for just a few moments longer.

Why am I so afraid to claim my destiny? It is MY destiny after all...which means it will come again. Try as you might...there is no escaping you. I have decided that I will be happy and grateful for each opportunity that is placed in my path. I will not second guess whether I am worthy of receiving..instead I will trust that if is positive and spiritually aligned with my morals then I will see it to fruition.
I once heard the saying that an optimist jumps out of bed and says "Good Morning God!" while a pessimist instead says "Good God Morning". Even though I consider myself to be a positive person and reinforce it throughout my day, I know now that my act of pressing the snooze button is counterproductive.

I make a commitment to see the best that each day and opportunity has to offer and to accept it into my life. I will consciously attempt things so large that they can only be accomplished if God steps in because after all....
It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -Anthony Robbins


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELPFUL QUOTES
  • How beautiful a day can be, When kindness touches it! ~George Elliston
  • With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.-Buddha

Peace, Blessings, & Prosperity,

Nikki B. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment